1. Lord Jesus Christ, my Life, my Light,|
My Strength by day, my Trust by night,
On earth I'm but a passing guest
And sorely with my sins opprest.
2. Far off I see my fatherland,
3. My heart sulks at the journey's length,
4. Oh, let Thy sufferings give me power
5. Oh, let Thy holy wounds for me
6. And when my spirit flies away,|
Thy dying words shall be my stay.
Thy cross shall be my staff in life,
Thy holy grave my rest from strife.
7. Lord, in Thy nail-prints let me read
8. Since Thou hast died, the Pure, the Just.
9. And when the last Great Day shall come
10. Renew this wasted flesh of mine
11. Ah, then I'll have my heart's desire,|
When, singing with the angels' choir,
Among the ransomed of Thy grace,
Forever I'll behold Thy face!
| Deutsche Volkslieder
| Pacific Holiday
| HOME PAGE
| SEARCH | Email