1. Jesus! engrave it on my heart,|
that Thou the One thing needful art:
I could from all things parted be,
but never, never, Lord, from Thee!
2. Needful is Thy most precious blood,
to reconcile my soul to God;
Needful is Thy indulgent care;
needful Thy all prevailing prayer.
3. Needful Thy presence, dearest Lord!|
true peace and comfort to afford;
Needful Thy promise, to impart
fresh life and vigor to my heart.
4. Needful art Thou, my Guide! my Stay!
thro' all life's dark and weary way;
Nor less in death Thou'lt needful be,
to bring my spirit home to Thee.
5. Then needful still my God! my King!|
Thy Name eternally I'll sing:
Glory and praise be ever His,
the One Thing needful, Jesus is!
| Deutsche Volkslieder | Ahnenforschung | Ferienaufenthalt | Folksongs | Hymns | Genealogy | Pacific Holiday | HOME PAGE | SEARCH | Email |