1. Father, lead me day by day|
Ever in thine own sweet way;
Teach me to be pure and true,
Show me what I ought to do.
2. When in danger, make me brave;
Make me know that thou canst save;
Keep me safe by thy dear side;
Let me in thy love abide.
3. When I'm tempted to do wrong,
Make me steadfast, wise, and strong;
And when all alone I stand,
Shield me with thy mighty hand.
4. When my heart is full of glee,|
Help me to remember thee,
Happy most of all to know
That my Father loves me so.
5. When my work seems hard and dry,
May I press on cheerily;
Help me patiently to bear
Pain and hardship, toil and care.
6. May I see the good and bright
When they pass before my sight;
May I hear the heavenly voice
When the pure and wise rejoice.
7. May I do the good I know,|
Be thy loving child below,
Then at last go home to thee,
Evermore thy child to be.
| Deutsche Volkslieder | Ahnenforschung | Ferienaufenthalt | Folksongs | Hymns | Genealogy | Pacific Holiday | HOME PAGE | SEARCH | Email |