1. Says Lloyd-George to Macpherson, "I'll give you the sack|
To uphold law and order you haven't the knack
I'll send over Greenwood, a much stronger man
And fill up the Green Isle with the bold Black and Tan."
2. He sent them all over to pillage and loot
And burn down the houses, the inmates to shoot
"To re-conquer Ireland, he said, is my plan
With Macready and Co. and his bold Black and Tan."
3. The town of Balbriggan they've burned to the ground
While bullets Like hailstones were whizzing around
And women left homeless by this evil clan
They've waged war on the children, the bold Black and Tan.
4. From Dublin to Cork and from Thurles to Mayo|
Lies a trail of destruction wherever they go
With England to help and fierce passions to fan
She must feel bloody proud of her bold Black and Tan.
5. Ah, then not by the terrors of England's foul horde
For ne'er could a nation be ruled by the sword
For our country we'll have yet in spite of her plan
Or ten times the number of bold Black and Tan.
6. We defeated Conscription in spite of their threats
And we're going to defeat old Lloyd-George and his pets
For Ireland and Freedom we're here to a man
And we'll humble the pride of the bold Black and Tan.
| Deutsche Volkslieder | Ahnenforschung | Ferienaufenthalt | Folksongs | Hymns | Genealogy | Pacific Holiday | HOME PAGE | SEARCH | Email |