1. I love my love in the morning,|
For she like morn is fair
Her blushing cheek, its crimson streak,
Its clouds her golden hair.
2. Her glance, its beam, so soft and kind;
Her tears, its dewy showers;
And her voice, the tender whispering wind
That stirs the early bowers.
3. I love my love in the morning,
I love my love at noon,
For she is bright as the lord of light,
Yet mild as autumn's moon;
4. Her beauty is my bosom's sun,|
Her faith my fostering shade,
And I will love my darling one,
Till even the sun shall fade.
5. I love my love in the morning,
I love my love at eve;
Her smile's soft play is like the ray
That lights the western heaven;
6. I loved her when the sun was high,
I loved her when she rose;
But best of all when evening's sigh
Was murmuring at its close.
| Deutsche Volkslieder | Ahnenforschung | Ferienaufenthalt | Folksongs | Hymns | Genealogy | Pacific Holiday | HOME PAGE | SEARCH | Email |