1. Here's to Donegal and her people brave and tall|
Here's to Antrim, to Leitrim and to Derry
Here's to Cavan and to Louth, here's to Carlow in the South
Here's to Longford, to Waterford, and Kerry.
2. Here's to Tyrone, where O'Neill long held his own
Here's to Monaghan, Fermanagh and Kildare, boys!
Here's to her whose stroke broke the hated Penal yoke
And you know that's the brave County Clare, boys.
3. Here's to Sligo and to Down, and Armagh of old renown
Here's to Kilkenny famed in story
Here's to Wexford by the sea, that near set old Ireland free
And here's to Royal Meath in all her glory.
4. Here's to Galway and Mayo, that never feared a foe|
Here's to Wicklow, its peaks and its passes
Here's to Limerick famed to all for its well-defended wall
And still more for the beauty of its lasses.
5. Here's to gallant Cork, the next county to New York
Here's to Roscommon bright and airy
Here's to Westmeath, where a tyrant scarce can breathe
And here's to unconquered Tipperary.
6. Queens County too we'll toast, and Kings for both can boast
They are spots the invaders got some trouble in!
And now to finish up, fill a bright and brimming cup
And we'll drink, boys, to jolly little Dublin!
Then clink your glasses, clink
'Tis a toast for all to drink
And let every voice join in the chorus
For Ireland is our home
And wherever we may roam
We'll be true to the dear land that bore us.
| Deutsche Volkslieder | Ahnenforschung | Ferienaufenthalt | Folksongs | Hymns | Genealogy | Pacific Holiday | HOME PAGE | SEARCH | Email |